Sunday, January 30, 2011
The picture isn´t too great (made by myself with my iPhone), but I really want to share with you the great difficulty that I finally conquered in making this Möbius scarf. This is actually my third attempt. The other two were either too small or too big or just plain ugly.
I took this tutorial as the basis of my design. I did a ribbing pattern instead. Especially the cast on is very confusing for me and the first few rows are a big strain on your fingers and arms as everything is really tight in the beginning. Or maybe I am still doing something wrong.
I am not sure if I will try another one, I do like these Möbius rings though and it´s not just because I am a Mathematician...
Saturday, December 18, 2010
That's quite a compliment being featured on the blog where my inspiration mainly comes from. It was her birthday and I was invited for a high-tea lunch with a crafting workshop included. Lucky me!
Because I knew she is not fond of knitting, I made this knitted Barbie dress for her girls. Lots and lots of patterns can be found here.
Of course, vlijtig has a much better picture of the dress with Barbie in it.
When I was making the dress I had to ask a friend if I could borrow her daughter's Barbie for a fitting. My little girl is not in to this Barbie girl (yet?).
Friday, October 29, 2010
My best friend just had her third child, after two girls, she has a son now! I used this pattern as a basis to make the baby booties. Most trouble was trying to get the buttons on the correct spot.
I used this pattern for the hat, which I had used before for my daughter. Unfortunately I made it a bit too tight and Philip's head is a lot bigger than I imagined it would be. I think his two sisters will be using the hat for their dollies.
Monday, August 30, 2010
This handbag really took me a lot of time to finish. The inner lining was my first project with a zipper. Luckily my machine has a zipper foot, but I still found it difficult getting all the edges nicely tucked in. The inner lining turned out smaller than I wanted and therefore I had to take out the crocheted handbag a bit to make it all fit. After all the hard work I am happy with the result, hope my sister is too.
This week was the time for completing my unfinished projects which had been lying around quite some time. I had made the bath bag on the left a while ago. Both are made out of wrapping rope (you can find them in all different sorts of colors). The material is very usefull for storing all the wet bath toys. I had started the one on the right, but somehow never felt the need to finish. Last night I finally did and I am happy with the result. Now we can stop using the plastic bags for the apples we buy every week at the vegetable market.
My little niece turns 2 this week and yesterday we celebrated her birthday. I had made this little purse for my own daughter once, but this one turned out to be even cuter. My inspiration came from the Starling handbags from futuregirl. I am so happy with the foundation single crochet stitch which I learned from her tutorial. My little purse (except for the pink lining of course) is made from one skein, the strap is connected in one piece. The butterfly tutorial is found here.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Spent a lovely two weeks in France: camping with the kids. Unfortunately tomorrow my lazy days are over and it's back to work. Just to stay in the mood a picture of the Britanny coast with my altered flip flops. There was something at the bottom of the straps bothering me so I needed to act. Luckily I came across this tutorial. The itchy problem was gone and I was very happy with the new look of my otherwise very boring flip flops.